So we had a very early call this morning, we had to be at the hospital at 6:15, so we were up at 5 to get ready. I quietly scooped up John David without waking up Austin. Success!!!! We got there at 6:15 and they took us in right away. I was a bit nervous they wouldn't do the surgery since he developed a cough this morning and a runny nose. For me, they seemed cautious, but Kevin didn't think so. They must have listened to his heart 10 times! But lungs were clear so they went ahead with surgery. We put his gown on, he hated it, and by the end of our hour wait, it was removed. So he went to surgery in a diaper!!! Ha! So most of the time this morning was spent keeping him occupied. We brought toys, they had a tv and a wonderful nurse, who played peek a boo and this little piggy, thank you! About 20 minutes before they started, they gave him some medicine to help relax him. Within minutes of that, he was super cuddly and tired. He was laughing and smiling at me. Thank you, medicine, you made leaving him so much more easier! We walked with him part of the way, and he smiled at me as I left. I thought he was going to scream! I prepared myself for screaming/crying and was pleasantly surprised that he was fine! I went downstairs, grabbed a cup of coffee and a bagel for Kevin and I, as Kevin waited in the waiting room, came up stairs, ate my bagel and then they were finished! Wow, that was fast!
| Playing with the blood pressure cuff after surgery. |
I'm so thankful that is over with. He did great and I'm so proud of my baby! I will be off work tomorrow and look forward to hanging with him one on one. We have some shopping to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment