
It was like he never even had surgery. By the time we got home on Thursday, he was his typical self. He ate 4 eggs and some oranges. I made the eggs for us to share but mommy had to find something else to eat. That's okay, I was just happy he was acting himself. He played with his new toy that daddy got him for doing a great job in surgery, a train that pops balls out. He was having a blast driving the train and watching the balls fly out. He loves balls. He had a cheese stick and some applesauce for lunch since eating the eggs were so close to lunch time and then took a 3 hour nap! 3 hours! I can't remember the last time he took a nap for that long. He woke up saying "mommy, where are you" How cute is that?!?! We cuddled for a bit and then it was time to play some more. Picked up A-Man from daycare and proceeded on with our night. The next morning JD went to daycare and I had a "me" day! Ahhh, that was nice. I dropped the boys off and went to McDonald's for a nice cup of hot coffee and read my SHRM book while I waited for the DMV to open. I went to the DMV, renewed my license and I must give props to the Schaumburg DMV, I was out within 30 minutes. I got my license renewed, address changed and got my new license plate sticker. I thought it would take much longer since there was a line out the door when I got there. Afterwards, I went to a few stores to get Easter basket goodies. And then went home, ate lunch with Kevin and took a nap! It was great.
I must brag about my boys! They just amaze me everyday and they do some of the cutest things. So, I'm trying to teach Austin manners. So I'm always reminding him to say please, thank you, you're welcome, etc. After dinner, I started to have him say 'thank you for dinner" and now he does it all the time. "Tank you for dinner, mommy" "Tank you for dinner, daddy" "Tank you for dinner, grandmom" So so so cute!
John David is learning so many words. I just love his little sweet voice. Daddy taught him how to say "Austin" and I really need to get it on video so I can remember that precious voice!


We went to the mall to visit the Easter Bunny on Sunday. They were both great in line. Pointing out the cute bunny, talking about how we were going to see the bunny. There were about 3 people ahead of us, when the Easter Bunny got up and started waiving at the kids and giving hugs and high fives. I think they were waiting for the camera to upload the pictures so he was just stalling a bit. He came up to Austin and Austin gave him a huge hug! OMG, cuteness!!! John David wasn't too keen on him. Then when it was almost our turn, we needed to wait for the pictures to come through so the Easter Bunny went and did his thing. Austin was pointing at him say "sit down and pointing to his chair" He was ready to have his turn! So the Easter Bunny sits down, Kevin puts Austin on his lap and now I go to put John David on his lap and that's when John David freaked out! He was screaming, I pulled away to see if he would get him to calm down and get a picture and that's when we got this one. I quickly grabbed him and asked them to take one of just Austin. Austin wasn't having that. I guess he was okay seeing the bunny with his trusty sidekick, but definitely not alone. So we are done, and I tell Austin to give the Easter Bunny a high five and he was excited to do that. I ask John David to give him a high five and he happily did as well, guess he's fine when mom is right there holding him!

So it's the last week at this daycare for the boys. The conversation went well, I guess. Glad, it's over but I'm still having anxiety over it. Hoping we made the right decision and really hoping that they adjust well. I know they will. I know the new daycare will be awesome and great for them, I just hope it goes smoothly.
No comments:
Post a Comment