I can't even begin to describe how horrible Hand Foot Mouth Disease can be.....
And it's even worse when two kiddies have it. The blisters are painful and the boys are cranky, I mean wouldn't you be, if you had blisters all over your body, not just on your hands, feets or mouth. And for some reason, the worst time of day is the middle of the night. They were up every 2 hours or so. I went back and forth between the boys for the first couple of nights, thankfully, the past 2 nights, John David has slept through, but it's been pretty hard for Austin. I'm hoping tonight is the night that they both sleep though, I gotta tell you, I'm exhausted.
I think one of the worst parts is I feel so helpless. There isn't much you can do but give Tylenol or Ibuprofen and extra hugs and cuddles. I know that they are in pain and I just want to take it away from them, but I can't.
Yesterday, I kept thinking it was the weekend, but it was only Thursday. Thankfully today has been a good day, even though it's cold and rainy, we've been keeping busy. We had a painting day and a fun bath, this afternoon, I think we are going to bake cookies. Hoping the weekend is nice, probably not, but if it is, we can walk and play with chalk.
In other news, the boys love their new school. I'm getting great reports about them. John David has mastered sleeping in a cot and Austin is loving all of the new things he is doing. I drop them off together in the same room and then the teachers separate them when it's time to go to their classrooms. They see each other in the afternoon outside for a bit and then I come and get them. One day last week, I got there a little later than usual, John David was already inside and Austin was outside. I decided to get Austin first and the first thing he said to me was '"John Babid. I guess he was upset that John David had to go back inside. So cute.
Well that's it for now, I'm hoping for a much better weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment