We were very busy enjoying this beautiful weather we have been having, by going to the park after work and on the weekend or having outside time in the backyard. The park by the house is awesome in that it has a trail behind it. Austin is very interested in going on the trails, John David, on the other hand, is not. What do you do when they both want different things? I guess this is what they mean by they will be running in the opposite directions. We have been trying to take turns and I got out the wagon so when John David or Austin get tired when we are walking the trails that I don't have to pick them up when I hear "uppy uppy", I can just put them in the wagon. I think Austin likes the trails so much because he loves picking up the sticks. We had quite the collection over the weekend as the wagon housed the sticks when the boys weren't in it. John David is quite the cautious little fella, at first, he wouldn't even go through the tunnels, but by the end of the weekend, he mastered it. Still won't go down the big slide, he will the little ones and won't even come near the swings, unless it is to push Austin. Not sure what it is about the swing.
This weekend we went to Key Lime Cove in Gurnee. What an adventure we had. Grandma surprised this trip for Morgan for her 6th birthday. I still can't believe my niece is 6! So we all got in Grandma's car and headed towards Gurnee. Kevin had to work, so he was going to be meeting us after work. Key Lime Cove has an indoor water park as well as many shops and activities for the kids. The water park was pretty big and it was very crowded. Austin loved it! He loved going down the water slides and splashing around. John David hated the water slides and he just liked pitter pattering and walking around. He kept telling me "ets o" "come on" as he always wanted to be on the move.
Kevin had a system with the big water slides since you couldn't ride together, all was solo. Morgan would go down first, then Austin and then Kevin. So Morgan would catch Austin and then Kevin would be down in a minute. Mind you the water was on 1 ft deep in this area.

There was another area, that had this wide slide were multiple people could go at the same time, but you were dropped in 2ft water. It was fun, Austin would slide down and I'd catch him, he'd go under sometimes but someone was always there nearby. I think he loved this one best. The smiles on his face were priceless.
 |
| I will call you Cookie Monster and you will be mine! |
When we were going to dinner we passed by a place that is like "build a bear" So each child got to choose one, Austin chose a hideous monster, John David, the cutest doggy and Morgan chose this cute doggie that had pink in it. Here are some pictures of the boys helping the lady "stuff" the dog. After the stuffing they got out the certificates and the lady asked Austin, "what do you want to name it" He said, "Cookie Monster" How fitting! So now he calls him Cookie Monster. I named John David's doggie for him, floppy! :-) And Morgan named her doggie, Pinkie, too cute!
Grandma offered to keep Austin over night. She got a room that had 2 queen beds. So Austin stayed in bed with Grandma and Morgan slept with Daddy. Kevin and i took John David home and came back the next morning. It was so nice sleeping til just after 7! I now know, Austin is the one who is getting up at the crack of dawn and waking his brother. Poor grandma didn't get a lot of sleep.


Day 2 was fun as well! Austin went down one of the big slides by himself but he really enjoyed those little water slides. Tantrums were had when we left since he wanted to stay. He was physically and mentally exhausted. When we left it literally took him minutes to fall asleep. He was all snuggled with his new cookie monster. John David didn't last but a few minutes as well. The are by far the two cutest sleeping toddlers I have ever seen. Biased, yes, I know.
Thanks Grandma for a wonderful weekend!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment