Well John David has done it! The boys were in their room, they were supposed to be napping, but all I heard was giggles and laughter. I went upstairs to get the pack in play to set it up in the play room. I have done this several times, since they don't nap well together. When I come down, all I heard, was "Mommy, babid in bed" Huh? I went in to their room and sure enough, John David was sitting in Austin's bed. That little stinker! So, this is what I think happened, he hoisted himself over the crib after stepping on his music toy. He wasn't crying, so I'm sure he wasn't hurt. Before bed time, I moved the music toy as I'm hoping I can get a few more months out of the crib, but if he does it again, I'll have to suck it up and realize that my baby is no longer a baby but a big boy in a toddler bed.
I am a ball of nerves this week. We've decided to change daycare and I'm telling them today. It's mostly for financial reasons, but it's still hard. I can't help but look at my boys knowing that what they know, their schedule, their life, their friends are all about to change. It's eating at me. I know they will be fine, they will adapt, make new friends, learn the new ropes and I'm excited for them, because I feel that this new place is going to be wonderful for them. It's a preschool and they will have a curriculum that is designed for their age. This will be the first time that they will be separated all day, but I'm sure they will get use to it and maybe it will allow for John David to be John David and not Austin's sidekick. Nonetheless, change is hard and I'm nervous about having a conversation with them.
I'm also a ball of nerves because John David has his ear tube and possible adenoid surgery this week. I can't wait for Friday to be here, so it'll be behind me. I know he will do great, it's an easy and quick procedure, but I'm still anxious about it.
Austin has the cutest new phrase: "that's not nice" I was playing with his hair and he looks up at me and says 'that's not nice" What?!? Of course, that's nice, Austin, I'm showing you affection by rubbing your head. "Oh okay' Later on, something else was done, and there Austin goes with "that's not nice" It's the cutest the way he says it. I'll have to get it on video. I did get a cute video of Austin yesterday morning. You can't see anything, but he is trying to tickle and is being tickled. The way he says tickle tickle is so stinkin cute!
Well, I be sure to update on how the conversation with daycare goes and how the ear tube surgery goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment