Happy Friday everyone!
So let's see, we are cranking! It's almost end of February and spring is in the air. Well not really as we just had a snow storm. But hopefully not too much more of winter. I'm really looking forward to spring. I'm getting sick of being stuck inside on the weekends. I don't need much, but I'd like to be able to get out in the mornings and afternoons for at least just a bit. I envision lots of parks and walks in the future. It'll be good for the kids and it'll be good for me to get some exercise!
So we decided to get the J-Man tubes! We went to our ENT appointment and it was highly suggested. I knew in my heart going in that was going to be the recommendation. They say more than 4 in a year is suggestive of tubes, we have had 5 in 6 months so it's time. J-Man took the appointment like a champ. He was happy and actually let the doctor look in his ears. The infection from February 1 is gone, however, there is fluid in both ears. Blah! He is also extremely congested so the doctor is going to look at his adenoids when he is in for the tube surgery. The doctor is very suspicious they they are enlarged so it's looking like those will come out. Unfortunately, we can't do the surgery until he is congestion and cough free! So at least 2 weeks to get rid of the congestion and then hopefully he stays healthy. If he get sick again, we'll have to push it back. So we have the surgery scheduled for 3/29 and he has a pre op appointment 2 weeks prior to that. I'm scared beyond belief and can't even think about him having surgery at this point, but I know that he will be okay and hopefully infection free! I plan on spoiling the crap out of him the day after surgery with lots of extra cuddles!
I had my first SPHR class last Monday and they like to scare the crap out of you! They recommend 9-12 hours a week in addition to the 3 hour class of devoted study time. Yikes! I'm trying but it's hard to read when I get home from work. I'm tried! I'm trying to read a little at work when it's quiet but I also have a lot of work to do! It'll get done! I'll be fine! I'm still very excited!
It's been 2 years since my mom passed away. I can't believe how time flies by! It doesn't feel like it's been 2 years. Crazy. We went to the cemetery on Sunday. My wonderful MIL suggested we go which was the perfect thing to do. John David never met my mom and has been to the cemetery once, but he was so little. This time, he was able to walk up to the gravestone and touch it. I felt very touched when he did that. We reminded Austin of when she would call him "tiger" and just had a nice visit. I should have brought flowers, she loved flowers, but I just thought they would wither away, so I didn't. I won't make that mistake again, no matter the weather, I will bring her flowers. Flowers always brightened her day. We also stopped by Great Grandpa David! It's nice that both my mom and great grandpa are at the same cemetery. And we also walked around a little "park" they have. It was a very nice day!
Other than that, we are doing well.
No comments:
Post a Comment