Well I thought we dodged the sickies. John David has been wavering back and forth, but it really just seemed like a bad cold. With our upcoming trip to the Dells and the fact that he was super cranky and running mild fever at daycare I thought, I had better take him.
We get in there, temp 98.1 but they like to add a degree since it's under the arm, lungs are clear (woot woot), she looks in his right ear and barely looked and said, "ooh, it's infected", left ear, it's infected too! Boo!
So we are at 5 or 6 ear infections in the past year. 1 in January, 1 in September, 1 in October, 1 in November which lasted throughout December so that could be number 4 or could be another 1 which would be 5. I took him 3 times in Nov/Dec and each time he had the infection, so they don't know if it was a new one or if it's the same. That's why it's important to go a couple weeks after the infection to make sure it's gone. And then number 5 right now. He is teetering on being a candidate for tubes. I had tubes multiple times. And it's not until now, that I truly know how my parents felt about me having tubes and undergoing surgery. It's scary! Yes, I know it's a 15 minute procedure and that it's a common procedure, but nontheless, he would be under. We are on yet another antibiotic, this is number 4 since November so I have the concern of giving him too many antibiotics and I wonder if he will be come immune to them! We will be going back in a month, (as long as he makes it a month) to check the ears again and talk further about tubes. I might make an appointment, in the meatime, with an ENT to have a consult.
The good news is that we still can hit up the Dells on Monday. As long as his ear doesn't rupture we are good to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment