We got there and were able to check in right away. Room was awesome! A nice sized living room with a couch and queen bed and then a private bedroom with a king bed. We quickly got the boys dressed in bathing suits, as Austin was talking non stop about the water slides! Ah, my little fish. The indoor water park was awesome! They had a kiddie play area with tons of little water slides and water ranging from 6 inches to 1 1/2 ft, a pool, lazy river, 2 hot tubs and 4 big slides. Austin loved the water, loved splashing, kicking his feet and going down the water slides. John David liked sitting on the edge or in the 6 inch water and splashing his feet.
He didn't want anything to do with the water slides. I took him down 2 times (the little ones) when we reached the bottom I lifted him up so he wouldn't get splashed too much with water, but he still hated it! Kevin took Austin up on the big water slide with the tubes. Austin wanted to go, but was he really going to go down it?

He sure was, he loved it, and quickly asked to go again! So this time, I took him! As we were going down the slide, he was so excited and he would give me the biggest smile that I have ever seen from him! So stinkin cute! I can't believe that he went down the big one. It's like he has no fear!
The indoor theme center they had wasn't really geared for my little guys! They had a roller coaster, which Austin desperately wanted to go on, but he was too small. He made sure to show and tell us his disappointment with a good ole tantrum! We did go on a train ride, I hated it, but he liked it! John David also went on it and wasn't a big fan but didn't seem to hate it either, Kevin was indifferent as well.
So since that closed at 4, we needed to figure out something to do before dinner, so we took the boys bowling for the first time. We thought, why not? It's vacation after all and if it's a complete bust, it's just one game. So we got all of the shoes and Kevin took Austin to get a bowling ball, Austin came back carrying it! He's so strong! They did great, they didn't understand that you don't run into other peoples lanes, and I apologize to the guy that my kids interrupted multiple times. (I did apologize when we left and he said it wasn't a problem, so that's good, I bet he was glad we were there for just 1 game). The boys shared the game, Austin would go first and John David second, and they both enjoyed it. I don't think we'll be going bowling anytime soon, but it's nice to know that if we are looking for something to do, we can take them bowling.After bowling we went to Buffalo Phil's. This is the restaurant where they have the choo choo trains come around and bring you your food! Austin loves choo choo trains so I'm glad we had a chance to go there. Austin freaked each time the train came by! He loved it! He was so excited and we were excited for him!
So all in all great trip! Our only dislikes were that the pool didn't open up until 10:30. What are parents with small kids suppose to do from 6:30-10:30 to try to prevent the noise? Also, a lot of places were closed, like one of the big restaurants we wanted to take the boys for breakfast. I get it, it's a ghost down during the off season, but still would have liked more options.
Boys were exhausted after our fun little vacation! 
They were passed out within 15 minutes of driving home!
No comments:
Post a Comment