Saturday, June 30, 2012

Atlanta

So let's see, I just got home from the SHRM annual conference in Atlanta. It was so nice to get away from the daily life and go to this conference to get inspired, motivated and rejunivated. The conference was filled with great speakers, breakout sessions and entertainment. One of the best sessions I went to was on Enjoying the Ride. One of the main messages was to stop focusing on what's next and what happened but to really enjoy where you are. A lot of time it's so easy to forget to live in the moment and to cherish what you have because you just never know what is going to happen next.  It helped that the "speaker man", Steve Gilliland was hystercial.  He was more comedic in his delivery and I don't think I have ever laughed so much, well that was until I saw Jerry Seinfeld.  Oh my goodness, he was too funny.  He was just a great entertainment.  Last year I saw Keith Urban, this year, Jerry Seinfeld, I just wonder what they will have next year.  I already signed up for the conference next year, WOOT WOOT, it's in Chicago, so I have to go!  I also got to hear Condeleezza Rice, Jim Collins, Tom Brokow and Malcolm Gladwell.

While in Atlanta, I went on the Coca Cola tour.  That was pretty fun.  At the end of the tour you got to taste as many of coke products as you wanted.  I tasted a few of my favorites, Barq's Root Beer and Mr. Pibb, even tried a cherry Fanta and kiwi apple Fanta, not too bad, I also had the pleasure of tasting Tab. Well, I don't think pleasure is the right word.  I wasn't even sure what it was, but some guy behind me said, Tab, OMG, I need my picture with that.  So I thought it must be good.  So I tired it, and all I can say is YUCK!  OMG that was AWFUL!!!!

Also we were able to squeeze in the CNN tour.  Our hotel was in the CNN headquarters, how cool is that.  We got to see the studio and the news room.  Pretty fun and cool.

I totally missed Kevin and the boys. While it was nice to be away, I was missing them like crazy.  Kevin did a great job with them, he had one on one time with them, daddy dates as we call it and you could tell they had fun.  So lucky to have Kevin in my life to support me and be okay with me going on a 4 day trip and have no problem taking care of our boys.

Other than that, we are getting ready for our Staycation in a couple of weeks.  Kevin is on vaca so I decided to take it as well.  And since we don't pay for daycare when we don't go, we decided to do a staycation and use some of the money for some activies during the day, a water park, children's museum, zoo and possibly the beach.    We are looking forward to the 4th next week, I want to take the boys to the parade and possibly it up the festival. 

It's time to "Enjoy the Ride"

No comments:

Post a Comment