Thursday, July 12, 2012

Shenanigans

Shenanigans is what the boys have been up to at night!

My good sleepers have quickly turned into nightmare sleepers.  Just like that.  In a blink of an eye.  I used to be able to put them to sleep at 7.  I would start our routine around 645 or so and by 7, they were in bed and just about covered up and ready for slumber.

A few weeks ago, after my trip to Atlanta, we veered from the routine, yes I know, bad idea and now I'm paying.  A few times, it was nearly 9 p.m before they fell asleep in the room by 8:15.  Gotta get back on track, I thought.  Then we had a 4 hour nap, yes, that was lovely, but I did pay for it.  That night I put them down an hour later and it still took an hour to get settled.

This is what we have been up to this week, which is major Shenanigans!!!!  Kevin and I put the boys to sleep  around 7 and then we proceeded to do somethings around the house and outside.  I went downstairs about about 8 and heard something from the boys room.  I thought it was Austin playing quietly with his cars, which he has done before.  I wish I had taken a picture because I don't think my description of the event can do it justice!

Okay so I walk in.....  The boys are on the floor putting change into their piggy banks.  Let's rewind a bit.....John David still sleeps in his crib, and he was on the floor, and 2 the piggy banks are on the tall dresser, which means someone (Austin) had to climb up and get it!  Heavy sigh.....

The best part you ask....every single one of Austins blankets, all 6, all of his stuffed animals (dozen or so), books and puzzles, cars, anything else my little hoarder has hoarded into his bed (see pic below of what his bed looks like on most days) was put into John David's crib. I'm sure all of that stuff helped John David free his crib.

Mommy was not happy!

Daddy was not happy!

The boys were ecstatic!

I put every thing back as it was, minus the piggy banks as they have been relocated to the top of my dresser.

I would like to say they went straight to bed after their little party, but sadly no, I think I went in there a few more times and still shenanigans was occuring.

The next night, it was a little different.

I went in there to find...  All of Austin's belongings in John David's crib as well as Austin!  I totally ruined their little sleepover!  Bad, mommy.  Austin was upset and told me "I want to sleep with John David!"  Cute, huh!

As you can imagine our crib days are just about over.  We will be converting the crib into a toddler bed and I will be loosing one of the last things that makes my baby a baby.  It's very sad for me as officially, I will no longer have a baby, but a toddler who climbs.

I wonder if the boys will sleep together.  Stay tuned to find out. And stay tuned to hear about our staycation which starts on Monday.  Boys will be home from school and both Kevin and I took the week off.  We have a lot of ideas on things to do, so we are super excited!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment