Happy birthday to my little man, Austin! I can't believe you are 3 years old! Seriously, where does the time go? People tell you that it goes by fast, and while, I was sure they were right, I just didn't understand it, until now, as I look back and wonder where the time went. It seems like yesterday that we came home from the hospital, rocked you in the glider, woke up every 3 hours (or so) and swayed you through those witching hours. I remember when you were learning to roll over, crawling, taking your first steps and now look where you are, talking in sentences, telling me what you wants, trying to go on the potty and just acting like a little boy.
Where Austin is today.
In these past 3 years, he has grown so much. It's just amazing. He is a master at puzzles, he loves cars and has a back pack filled with them, he loves movies, and TV (Einsteins, Dinosaur Train, Arthur, Handy Manny), has 6 blankets on him at bed time (in a specific order) along with at least 10 stuffed animals and other little things in his bed, must have multiple hugs and kisses before bed and when you leave, tells the sprinkler that he will get him (even though the sprinkler will win every time), loves pancakes, applesauce, hot dogs, CAAAKE, he loves to jump (on and off everything), he loves exploring at the park and grabs as many sticks as possible, points out all trucks, school buses and airplanes, he loves dinosaurs and dinosaur shirts (I think he would wear one everyday, if I let him), he loves stickers and is pretty sticker motivated, he must do everything first and I often hear, "I do it" he must have his boo boo's kissed, loves to watch videos on the computer with grandmom, and a lot of the times asks to go to either the park or grandpa's house when I pick him up from school, he loves hanging out with daddy and helping him, when we are in the car and driving home, we must drive by the lion statues so he can ROAR at them (good thing we have 4 different lion statues nearby our house, he is a crazy little guy with the biggest heart and soft spot.
I just can't imagine my world without Austin! He sure makes life fun and it's great reliving childhood experiences. Just the other day, we were at the park and some boys were playing tag, but they needed to see who was going to be it, so they did "bubble gum" (bubble gum, bubble gum in a dish, how many pieces do you wish (5) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, (out). It's great hearing these things that bring me back to my childhood.
Being a mom is wonderful especially since I have the 2 most amazing kids out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment