Friday, June 8, 2012

Happy Birthday, John David!

Happy birthday, John David!    Holy moly you are 2!  This just can't be.... Someone needs to create a pause button, so we can pause on this special time!    2 years ago we welcomed you in the world 4 weeks early, you did so great, were only in the Special Care Nursery for a day to help with your eating issues, haaha, if they could only see you right now they would never believe that you needed help in the beginning.  :-)  We took you home as scheduled and my wonderful chaotic life of a mother of 2 started.  Such a great baby you were, a go with the flow baby who spit up all the time.  You were given the nick name Spit up Baby from your friends at daycare, that's okay, we gave them some nicknames too, remember Toe Jam! ;-) 

You are my difficult child in terms of illnesses...  pneumonia at 7 months with a lovely stay at Sherman Hospital, multiple ear infections, ring worm, tube surgery, hand foot mouth (I still feel bad) and pink eye, just to name a few ;-)  With all of that, you taught me patience and I definitely got some extra cuddle time.

You love your mommy!  And I am soaking it up as much as I can because I know that one day, while you will still love me, I won't be the center of your world and gasp, you probably won't want as many kisses as you want now.  So, I will kiss you as many times as I can, and will hold you as much as I can while mentally putting these moments in a "memory box" so I can take out whenever I need it.

You want to be just like your brother.  You are a great talker and I think having Austin talking to you helps you tremendously since you talk much more than what Austin did at your age.  You are a puzzle wizard, only want lovely, gicket (blanket), and sometimes glow sea horse in your crib, if I put something else in there, you throw it out, you call milk wa, love applesauce, pancakes and bread, you see the airplanes in the sky before any of us and tell us, you are always are calling Aw tin (Austin) in the car as you want to show him everything you see, ool usses, airplanes, doggies, etc. you are becoming quite the little dare devil with climbing at the park, jumping off the couch, sometimes sit on the potty when Austin does, wants to open and close all of the doors, including the garage door, loves letting Buster out and telling him to get busy, cleaning, oh my gosh, John David, you love to clean!  You use grandma's duster, the broom, you have your own vacuum and you just go to town, throwing, we are trying to limit to the balls but you will throw everything and you have quite the arm!  I think daddy is super excited as we think you will be our sports star! 

You are amazing, John David, you are so loving and full of energy! 

You were the greatest surprise EVER! and I can't imagine my world without you in it.  I look forward to many many years together!  Happy  Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment