Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween Fun!

Let's see, it's been awhile.  We've been busy busy busy bees!  Last weekend we partook in pumpkin carving and boy was it a blast!  Kevin started off only wanting to take pictures but once he got started he was so into it!  I think he had the most fun.  Austin loved the goop.  And he loved taking the seeds and putting them in the strainer.  He kept saying "give me"  hmmm wonder where he learned that from.    John David, I don't think, knew what was going on.  He was sitting in his hi chair watching.  He would take seeds and try to eat them and kept picking up the top of his pumpkin. 


Getting the goop out!

Daddy and Austin with their masterpiece.






JD with his pumpkin

Come on Mom and Dad, let's go!
Halloween was a blast!  I wasn't into Halloween too much prior to having the boys, but I think I was just so excited for them. We were only going to go up the block and back, but since we were having so much fun we decided to go around the block.  Next year I'm sure we'll be ready for a longer route but this was really their first time so we wanted to take it slow.  We went to like 2 houses with Austin last year.
Trick or Treat
Austin was a natural trick or treater!  He would run to the house, cutting through the yard (who taught him that), ring the door bell, hold out his bag or take 1 or 2 or 3-4 pieces of candy (we need to work on that).   He even knew the drill if they weren't home, wait 10 seconds and then he'd babble something to us like they aren't home and proceed to the next house.



Superman!
JD was close behind.  He was a bit more shy and would want to be held while getting the candy.  He loved going up the the houses after he figured out what was going on.  He wouldn't let go of the bag.  They were getting a litle cranky so we thought we skip some houses.  Austin was not up for that.  He was "yelling" at us that we missed the house and run up.  So of course we would go, one house we tried to tell them they weren't home, but he wasn't having it.



We got home and rang grandmas doorbell!  We had to bribe them with candy to eat dinner.  They ate their dinner and each got one piece of candy.  Austin loved when the doorbell rang, he would run to the door to see the costumes. He repeated everything I saw, oooohhh, ahhhh, happy halloween,  thank you, you're welcome.  That kid, too stinkin cute.

 


Halloween was so much fun that I can't WAIT for Christmas! 











No comments:

Post a Comment