Saturday, June 3, 2017

Austin is 8!



 Happy 8th birthday to my sweet Austin.  How in the world are you 8 already?  I want you to have the most wonderful birthday ever!  You definitely deserved to be spoiled on your most special day and lucky you, it’s on a Saturday. 


You have finally lost 4 teeth this past year.  You thought it would never happen and look what happened.  Here you are waiting for your 2 top front teeth to come in.  When they do, you will look so much more grown up.  I can’t wait to see.

You love to eat steak, daddy’s burgers, brats, ribs, SHRIMP, hot dogs, avocado (you are my avocado buddy) chicken, pork, pancakes, spaghetti, grapes, cucumber, watermelon, cookies, donuts, muffins.  I’m so happy that you will usually try something and don’t just stick your nose up at it.

You are a bowling rock star!  I’m so glad we found something that you enjoy doing.  140 is your high score and personally I think that is AMAZING. You received 4 trophies and a sweatshirt this year for rocking it at bowling. Your dad and I are so proud of you and your accomplishments.  I can’t wait to see how you grow in bowling.  This next tournament you will rock it!  Keep up the hard work.

Baseball, you have come so far in such a short period of time.  When you set your mind to something, great things happen.  You have been doing great with practicing and you are just getting better.  5 for 6 hits in the last 3 games (you did hit the ball the 6th time but someone got out so it doesn’t count).  Way to go!  In the beginning of the season, you were so afraid to catch the ball, you told me to go easy on you, and now look at you!  Catching, throwing and hitting.  I LOVE watching you play ball.  Football starts in a couple of months and I can’t wait to watch you then too.  You are growing into a well-rounded sports star!

reading to Buster
School went very well this year too.  You are reading chapter books, you know how to add and subtract 3 digit numbers and multiply, you are great at spelling too. It’s always great to hear about all the things you learn at school.  We loved reading your weekend news, it was always fun to read about your bowling scores, if you won in basketball, who you played with over the weekend.  You are such a creative writer.  I can’t believe you are going into 3rd grade.  I can’t even begin to imagine what you are going to learn in 3rd grade.  Even though you can sometimes be obsessed with the chromebook, I really do believe it has helped with your learning.  Having math and spelling games has helped you so very much.
 
You love to watch sports too.  You like to watch the Cubs, the Bulls,the Bears, any Michigan team (just like daddy).  You like to play sports games on the Xbox.  You know all of the players and know what team they are on.  That cracks me up.  How can you do that?!?!

You love the play outside, whether its riding your bike, your scooter, playing basketball, 2 square, playing catch, playing with the big kids in the neighborhood, although lately, you say playing at the park is boring.  That makes me sad, I didn’t think you’d be done with the park so soon.  

You love cuddling with Buster and Brady.  I know Buster loves to cuddle with you too.  Brady will get there.  He is just too into everything to cuddle just yet.  I love how you are with them.  You love to look into their eyes, to pet them, and to play with them.  They are lucky to have you.

 I want you know to know that we love you so much.  You are such a happy and great kid.   We will celebrate you all day and love every minute of it.  You have asked to go see Captain Underpants, BWW and to have Rootbeer Floats as your dessert treat.

I just asked you, what is your favorite thing to do and you said, “Spending time with my family”, you make my heart happy when you say nice things like that!
 
Daddy, John David and I want to wish you the happiest of birthdays.  We love you so much and hope you enjoy your special day.  Can't wait to make 8 great with you.  Happy birthday, buddy!





No comments:

Post a Comment