Thursday, January 5, 2017

2016

Holy Moly it's 2017!  So so much has happened in 2016.  What a year we had!  It was filled with ups and downs and swoops, that's for sure. 

Christmas was magical, it always is for us, with having Austin and John David.  They are such good little boys, filled with joy and laughter.  We continued with our annual tradition of driving around looking at Christmas lights and then getting ice cream afterwards.  I loved hearing, "ooohh, ahhhh, oh look at that one!"  This year, our neighborhood set up a carriage ride.  We bundled up in our warmest gear, and got on a horse drawn carriage ride with 20 or so of our neighbors, rode around in the carriage and sang Christmas songs.  This is totally what I wanted to do and so right out of a life time movie.  I ate it all up and will definitely do it again.  This year, we met the deadline and were able to send Christmas cards to the Soldiers!  I bought the cards, the boys drew pictures and wrote a sweet note.  The boys really made out on Christmas!  They got there Xbox 1 from us, Pokemon cards (these were the big wants of the year, even though we are bleeding Pokemon), games, clothes, a pitching machine for John David, books, so much fun things.  Can't want to play with them.

2016 was a big year for us.  As I look back and I can't believe the growth we had.

School is going really well for both of the boys.  Austin had a hard time with 1st grade and while he has his moments of struggle in 2nd for the most part, he gets it and it's easy for him.  We have no problems getting them to sit down and do their homework.  Last year, a lot of the times it was a fight.  I am in awe of their reading ability.  Chapter books!  The story continues on and it's not just 10 pages.  They understand what they are reading and they enjoy it too! 

Sports.  John David is a natural!  I absolutely LOVE watching him!  There is just something about him and a ball.  I know my mom loved watching me play, she said it all the time, on our phone calls that we would have as adults.  And I know why!  It was never a chore for her and I hope that it will never be a chore to go to another game or practice.  He plays 3 sports, baseball, basketball and football and loves them all.   You should see Austin play basketball this year!  He has grown so much since last year!  He is so into it and so wanting to score and he already scored once, has stolen the ball and his our rebound king!  Austin is rocking it in bowling too!  His high score so far is a 70 and he is 7! with no bumpers!  He has a lot of work but he keeps getting better.  We started off with him getting a score in the teens and then the 20's, now we are consistently in the 40s and 50's!  He has his first tournament next weekend.  I'm both excited and nervous for him.  Both of them love the water too!  It's so fun and amazing to see how much they have grown in the water.  I remember 2 years ago, I couldn't let go of John and now he wants to go off of the diving board this summer.  To be fair, he wanted to go off of the diving board last summer, but I held him back.  They love jumping in the pool, going on water slides, playing with a ball (of course) and just splashing around.

They are for the most part helpful around the house.  They sure know how to make a mess that's for sure.  But they also know how to fold the laundry, clean their playroom and rooms, make their beds, set the table, cook meat, get themselves breakfast, keep Brady entertained, shovel the sidewalks, and a few other things I can't think of at the moment. 

They also know how to drive us crazy!  They do a good job at that as well.  I guess that is what they are supposed to do, right?

I have had a busy year at work with a lot of change.  And while it's been busy it's also been a great year.  I've learned a lot this year, and hope to continue to learn.  I love what I do and the company I work for, just need a little less crazy ;-) 

Kevin had an up and down year.  He went through a very difficult time when he had his first kidney stone.  He was hospitalized for 5 days, 3 in the ICU.  It was the most scariest time for me.    Not only was it a kidney stone, his kidney was infected and he was in septic shock.  We are very lucky that we went to urgent care when we did and they sent him to the hospital and not home. I was in shock when the doctors came in and said they were glad he was still here (after our first night).  I had no idea how serious of a condition he was in when we got there.  I thank our angels every day that we went when we did and that Kevin is okay.  It was an uphill battle, filled with procedures, medicine and patience, but we are on the other side of this.  I'm so thankful we are on the other side.  For some happy news, Kevin is in love with his Jeep he purchased in February, our Brady we got in October, coaching he started in November, his Michigan football team, his job, not to mentioned his wonderful family.  Seeing Kevin coach has been awesome.  He is really good with the kids.  I love hearing "coach".  Coach K is what the boys and I call him at home ;-)

I look forward to 2017. 

No comments:

Post a Comment