Friday, June 9, 2017

Happy 7th birthday John!

Lucky 7 here we are, Happy birthday to my sports loving, long sock wearing, adorable Johnny.  I hope you have a wonderful day at camp and enjoy our baseball game tonight.  You were so excited when you heard you get to play baseball on your birthday!  We will get the win for you.

You definitely love sports.... anything with a ball.  I'm not sure what your favorite sport is, because I think it changes once you are playing the sport.  You are rocking baseball.  It's so fun watching you cheer your team on.  You love to pitch and now you say you like to catch too.  You like to take the mask off to get ready for the play at home.  I think it no time, you will catch the pop up to the catcher, I can envision it now...... batter hits the pop up, you quickly take off the helmet, look up and let the ball fall into the glove.  You would definitely get the game ball ;-)  You have done a great job at pitching with your strike outs.  And now when we play catch, sometimes my hand hurts afterwards.  You really have an arm on you.  I absolutely love playing catch with you, my back doesn't, but I do.   I love being outside with both of you.  On Tuesdays game you bunted for the first time and got to first.  Nice job, buddy.

You just started bowling on Monday.  You already have a high score of 77, way to go!  You are trying to figure out how you should throw it but either way, you are already doing an amazing job, oh and you picked up a spare!  Go you!

Football starts in a couple of months, I bet you can't wait for that.  I can't wait to see my QB in action.

You still love to draw and make books.  You are quite the artist and have such a creative mind.  I love seeing your pictures and your writing.  Not only do you like to make books, but you like to read too.  I love hearing your sweet voice read out loud.

Your favorite food still is tacos.  When I make tacos, you go to town eating them.  I think you'd eat the 1lb of meat if I'd let you.  You have opened up a bit with your eating, you will eat chicken and you like meatloaf (who knew, although it's just like a cheeseburger ;-) )  You love pancakes, burgers, brats, spaghetti, grapes, apples with peanut butter, monkey yogurt, mixing your cereal, and so much more.

You love to watch sports too.  You like to watch the Cubs, the Bulls,the Bears, any Michigan team (just like daddy).  You like to play sports games on the Xbox.  You know all of the players and know what team they are on.  That cracks me up.  How can you do that?!?!
You love the play outside, whether its riding your bike, your scooter, playing basketball, 2 square, playing catch, playing with the big kids in the neighborhood. 
You are such a sweet boy and I am lucky to be your mom.  I love hanging out and cuddling with you. I hope you have the best birthday ever!  We look forward to celebrating you today (and over the weekend)!













No comments:

Post a Comment