Saturday, June 4, 2016

Lucky # 7- Happy Birthday Austin!



Add caption

Happy 7th birthday to our fun and loving boy, Austin.  Ironically, today is also your last day of First Grade. You are officially a Second Grader.  What just happened here?  How did you go from a baby to Second Grader in a flash?  Seriously, weren’t you just taking your first steps and saying your first words?  I say this all the time but I really need a PAUSE button.  I wouldn’t use it all the time, just on moments that I want to cherish longer.  You know like the moments when we are playing basketball as a family, or when we are laughing at the little things, you practicing riding a bike, you reading ( I LOVE it when you read to me) and I definitely want to make the time stand still when you let me hold you.  It’s not very often, but when it happens, my heart is HAPPY. 

At 7, you still have yet to lose a tooth.  I know you feel like you will be the last one to lose a tooth but I do hear that it’s better for your teeth in the long run.  And trust me, we could use some help in that department.  And besides, you are so cute with that baby smile. 

At 7, you love spaghetti, pancakes, steak, hamburgers, ribs,chicken, fruit, cottage cheese, chips (yes, you still love chips).  Let’s not forget about your love for Lemonade. You are still a pretty good eater and that makes me happy.

At 7, you love to read.  You like to read books and have books read to you.  Lately, you have been listening to stories on your Chromebook.  It amazes me at how much you have grown as a reader since last year when you finished Kindergarten.  You should be so very proud of yourself, I am.
You love to be outside.  You could be playing basketball, you know playing Around the World against daddy (and beating him sometimes!), me and John David (that's one of my favorite things to do) soccer, playing with chalk, riding your scooter, building a robot, anything.  I can’t wait for when mommy and daddy blast you with a super soaker. You love going to the park and climbing, swinging and monkeying around on the monkey bars.  

You love to text.  And you're getting pretty good at spelling the words.  I sure do think it's cute when you're texting Grandma and Grandpa.  Some of the conversations are super sweet and them some of them are just plain crazy with all of the emoticons!

 




You love to play games on the ipad, Chromebook, your 3DS, daddy's playstation even board games.  I think you might be a gamer one day.  I think you would play all day if I'd let you.  You get so into it and just want to WIN.


Grandma’s pool is the time when I think you are the most free and happy.   You just LOVE jumping in.  I love making memories with you in the pool. 

Austin, we love you.  I wish you knew how much and I wish I could explain to you how much.  One day, when you have a child, you know when you are living with John David and your wives, you’ll understand.   You are a great boy.  You want to do things on your own time and you do have trouble listening to my words and sometimes your teachers, but what 6 year old doesn’t.  I hear  The age that I have been waiting for. Lucky number 7!











Let’s make this a great year.  Let’s enjoy the summer.  Happy Birthday, buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment