I started writing this post a long time ago. I'm going to leave it and then continue below, so it's kinda like 2 posts.
Yay, it's spring time and that means more time outside, grilling and more fun! We've had a taste of some warm weather and we have been to the park, playing basketball outside and have grilled, well Kevin has and it was delish!
Baseball is also going to start soon. If only the weather would cooperate and stop raining and be over 45 degrees. I feel bad that his practice was canceled, he was so excited and just wants to play ball. He got a new throw and field trainer and goes outside whenever he can to throw the ball and practice. We went to the store to buy all of his gear and the excitement in his eyes was awesome. He met his team, so all that is left is to practice! So April weather, warm up and save the rain for the hours of 9p.m.-4 a.m.
We have awesome readers on our hand. I'm so happy that they love to read. They read before bed every night and just love getting new books at the library each week. They have really grown. Although it's hard to get use to both of them reading signs on the road, or at restaurants and we definitely can't spell or they will catch wind. I'm happy that they are growing so much and a little sad too.
Boys are having a fun time texting from my phone. So be warned, if you get a text from me that doesn't sound like me, it very well could be Austin or John David. They love receiving messages too.
We enjoyed spring break. Boy did it go by fast. We did a lot and I'm sorry that it's over. the boys are pretty amazing and I was lucky to be able to spend a whole week with them.
I'm laughing right now because, I just wrote about how we just enjoyed spring break, and now we are 1 week out from summer break! I tell ya, life has been just so hectic and crazy as of late. Work has been crazy busy and home too.
John David had a great baseball season, we are just beyond proud of him. He made plays at first as the first baseman, caught 2 fly balls, stopped ground balls and threw to first and second, hit the ball from the coach and cheered on his team. He loves playing and can't wait to play fall ball. As crazy as the season was, practice 1 night and 1-3 games a week, I'm sad that it's over. We really enjoyed watching him play. And he was way too cute in his uniform.
Austin had a blast playing with his friends from the baseball team. We've met some new friends in the neighborhood so that's been fun.
School is over next week and I'm sitting here thinking where did the year go! Just looking at how far both of them come over the school year. Both are great readers! Austin is doing fractions, adding, and subtracting and spelling! (much more too). I can't wait to take a picture on Friday to see the difference from their first day of school.
Both boys start summer camp on the 6th and I think they are going to have a blast. Lots of fun things happening for them.
Kevin is doing good. He got his father's day gift a little bit early. The boys got him a smoker, he's been wanting it for awhile now and it's perfect that the weather is nice. He can cook for us even more now! Win win!
I'm having a hard time with the boys turning 7 and 6 and going into 2nd and 1st grade. What happened to my babies!?!?! I'm still thankful, they still like to cuddle.
The next weeks will be crazy with school ending and birthdays for my 2 special boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment