Sunday, September 16, 2012

Fall

I just love this time of year, fall!  We have been having a lot of fun! 


We went apple picking and had an awesome time!  We took a drive out to Harvard, IL last week and just had a blast.  We took a wagon ride out to the apples and we all had fun picking apples.  The boys were really into it and picked a lot of great apples.  We got some apple cider donuts and they were very yummy.

We also went to Sunny Acre's, they have all sorts of fun fall stuff, pumpkins, carnival, petting zoo, pony rides and so much more.  Austin had a blast!  He loved the rides and was so brave!  He wasn't scared at all and just had so much fun.  He loved riding Rosy, the horsey.  John David, on the other hand, didn't want to have anything to do with the rides or horses.  He was content watching!  Smiling and waving at Austin and Morgan and laughing with daddy.  At one point, all three of cousins were on a choo choo train ride, Austin and Morgan were having a blast and John David was screaming!  Poor guy!  Each of them picked out their pumpkins, Austin was putting as many as he could lift into the wagon, but we finally got him to pick just one.  I even got one, a warty one, I NEVER would have picked it before, but now, I don't know, I just really liked it.  Next weekend, we will carve them when Morgan is over.  We had a lot of fun last year carving so I'm sure this year will be fun too.

We have been having a blast feeding the duckies in the nearby pond. Not only do the duckies love the food we bring, but so do the fish. It was so fun seeing all of the fish pop through the water. Seeing the joy on the boys face is priceless!

It has been 6 months since John David got tubes in his ears.  In the past 6 months, he has not had one ear infection!  This is fantastic news!  His 6 month follow up appointment was great, all look good and Dr. Ho said that I could probably shine flash light in his ear and see the little blue dot, so of course, I will be doing that, if he will let me.

It has been amazing seeing the boys grow into kids.  They have friends at school and have even gone to birthday parties.  Last weekend we went to Pump it Up for a 3 year old birthday party.  I didn't even have to be there for Austin, he just ran off and played with his friends.  John David wasn't too interested in the inflatables but loved the balls. So he just stood outside and was throwing and kicking the balls.  he is obsessed with balls.  yesterday at the park, he was sitting on the slide, watching a group of older boys throw the football around.  I truly believe that he will be my sports star.  So back to the party, when we were in the party room, Austin was sitting next to a friend, and they were poking each other and laughing.  I see him interact with JD, obviously, but it's so much fun seeing him interact and play with other boys! 

Reading stories with the boys has been so much fun! I ready "I Love you Through and Through" with JD every night. And we both have the book memorize and just sway back and forth and read the book. It's so cute. And I read Austin, "Moo Baa, La La La" and it's a hoot! We both crack up reading it and he has it memorized with me. I really enjoy our special reading/bonding time.

Kevin has been staying home with the boys on his days off (Monday's and Tuesday's) and they have been having a blast.  They are definitely bonding and now when I go into Austin's room in the morning, he tells me he wants daddy and wants to stay home with daddy.  So cute!

Austin and John David's new thing: Mommy, "Austin, who is your best friend?"  Austin, "John David"  Mommy, "John David, who is your best friend"  John David, "Austin".  This just melts my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment