Happy New Year! Kevin and I had a great time ringing in the new year. We went out with Kathy and Sean and went to a comedy club and ate dinner and saw a comedian. Afterwards, we went back to their house and played games until the New Year. Boys were up early, as usual, but we all got naps in! It was so nice to be able to go out on New Years. The last few years we stayed in, and while that was nice too, it was equally as nice to get dressed up and go out!
Last weekend was my work holiday party. We went to the Herrington Inn in Geneva. What a great night it was. The theme of the party was casino night. Work gave us $1000 in play money per employee, and we got to play, black jack, poker, craps or roulette. We played Craps the whole time, it was my first time playing, and I must say I really enjoyed myself! It was nice to be able to play, without spending your money. We had prizes that we could win in an auction, but unfortunately, we didn't win at the auction. We did win a total of $1800 in play money, so $2800 total with the original $1000, but that wasn't enough! Oh well, we had a great time. We even stayed the night, and let me tell you, that the room was beautiful. The Herrington upgraded me to a river room, I guess one of the perks of being "the host" and the view was amazing. The room had a fire place, a huge bath tub and heated bathroom floors! Incredible! I wish I could have slept in, but I was up at 730! Just couldn't do it! I think the boys have ruined my ability to sleep in!
![]() |
| View from our room in the morning. |
I'm so amazed at both Austin and John David. We were in the car last night and Kevin would say 1, and John David would say 2, then Kevin would say 3 and the John David would say 4! I expected that to come from Austin! And Austin is a puzzle wizard! He can put the alphabet puzzle together no problem and he corresponds the letters with the object that goes with it, A- Apple, M- Map, P Pretzel, X- xylophone, and we gave him a Mickey Mouse puzzle and he was able to do that one too, so impressed with my little A-Man and J-Man!
Kevin made dinner on Wednesday! Woot woot! Kevin's mom has a temp job (hoping for it to go permanent) and she started this week, so we are trying to work together to get dinner and Kevin was up for making tacos. Boy were they delicious! He's excited about trying more things in the upcoming weeks!
I'm so close to being done with my weekly allergy shots. Unfortunately, I had 2 reactions on my left arm, Mold, Dust and Dogs, so we are trying to have 2 allergy meds on days that I have shots. It worked last time, but I think it threw my back a week! And I've been having arm pain, numbness and tingly in my left arm for over a week now. It's not fun! I think I have 2 shots left so hopefully, the numbness goes away. Work has been super busy. We just integrated a new performance management system and I have been training every employee on the new process. I have given 1 1/2 hour demonstrations every day last week! I have 1 this week and probably 1-2 next week! Any public speaking nerves have gone out the window! :-)
I will do my best to update more regularly, after all, I know you all want to know what's up in the Artinghelli household! It's never a dull moment here, the boys make sure of that!

No comments:
Post a Comment