Thursday, January 26, 2012

Anxious

I just want to get past the next few days.  For some reason, I'm very anxious!  This time last year, my little little man John David was in the hospital for pneumonia!  He was almost 7 1/2 months at the time.  It was a very hard time, seeing your baby poked and prodded, having x-rays, and numerous breathing treatments all while crying uncontrollably.   Not to mention having to wake up every 2 hours at night so the hospital staff could take vitals.  They are right, you don't go to the hospital to get rest.  So this time last year, we brought John David in since he had cold like symptoms and a fever.  I remember hearing the wheezing when we were waiting for the doctor to come in the room.  She heard it too and that's when he had his first breathing treatment.  We went home with an antibiotic for his first ear infection and much needed rest.  Unfortunately, laying down wasn't easy for him, as he couldn't breathe as well.  Kevin stayed home with him the next day and he was miserable (both Kevin and John David ;-)  I took him back to the doctor, his oxygen level was in the 90's and he had 2 breathing treatments, his breathing was rapid (you could see it in his chest), hospitalization was talked about, they thought he had RSV.  Woke up Saturday morning took one look at him and just new he was going to be hospitalized.  My poor baby!  I have tears just thinking about it a year later.  We took him in, waited in the waiting room as usual, when we went into the room, the nurse told us if he ever looks like that to ask to be seen right away.  :-(  Oxygen level was at 89, 2 breathing treatments later, the doctor sent us over to the hospital.  We left 2 days later, with John David feeling much better!

Fast forward a year later, John David is coughing, has wicked congestion and croup and strep lingering at daycare.  So this is why I'm even more anxious!  Back off Croup and Strep, Stay away from my John David and Austin!

No comments:

Post a Comment