Thursday, December 5, 2013

Happenings


So much is happening with the Artinghelli's!  I know it's been a long time since my last blog update so here is an update.

The Artinghelli's are heading to Disney!  Yes, I can't wait.  The annual SHRM conference is there in June so we decided to plan our trip around that!  Boys might be a little young for a lot of the rides but I think we will have a great time.  Morgan will be 8 at the time and she is coming too, and I think she is at the perfect age.  So, since I have my work trip, I will be flying!  Everyone else will be driving!  We rented a house there, and it looks like a lot of fun.  It has a pool, movie theater, park nearby, perfect for the boys when we aren't at the parks.   I think Uncle John and Grandma are super excited too. The only problem.....we have to wait 7 months!!!!  I saw a lot of Pinterest ideas that will help to lessen the costs and make our trip more Magical! Wahoo!

So most of you probably saw from my posts that the boys are at a new daycare!  It's for the best, I know, but I'm still upset at what happened.   I don't mind an increase, really, I expect it, I know costs go up.  However, when you give an increase of $185 more than what you pay per week, that's RIDICULOUS!   I mean, who has that much more a week. Someone mentioned, that if it  was worth it, you'd pay, I'm wondering if a place you thought was worth it, would pull an increase like that.  Would a place give you an increase on Wednesday and expect you to pay it on the very next Monday, I think not.  Not very good business practice if you ask me.  The new daycare is going great so far. Both are adapting pretty well.  John David is as happy as a clam. Austin is learning all the new rules, and they definitely have more rules than the other place.  Austin has always had a hard time with change.

Kevin starts a new job on on Monday.  He got a great offer from a company called JC Restoration and decided to leave All State for this opportunity.  He is so very excited about this company.  Everyone in the industry knows this company and says he'll love it there.  So here's to a new start!  So proud of you, Kevin and Congratulations!!!!!!

Boys are super excited about Christmas.  Yes, we have our Christmas Tree up.  Normally, I wouldn't have it up before Thanksgiving, but since there is 1 week in between and the boys were asking for it, we decided to start the magic early!  I didn't even have to do much.  Put the tree up and the boys and Morgan went to town on putting the ornaments on.  It's a pretty tree, says Austin!  He is also trying to talk Kevin into putting lights outside.  We are driving home and he says, "we need lights too"  "it's so beautiful"  That kid, I love him so much, and he says the sweetest things, but he has been driving me nuts with the "NO!" and the not listening.   Hoping to get through this quickly. 

I'm running in my last race of the season on the 14th.  It's called the Jingle Run and it's in Chicago.  It's going to be so festive!  Everyone dresses up in their Christmas attire and Christmas music plays.  It's going to be fun and COLD!  Hoping not too cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment