Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Magic

It's beginning to look at lot like Christmas, and this is a good thing seeing as Christmas is 1 week AWAY.  I love this magical time of year!  We have been having a blast getting ready for the holidays.

One of my favorite things we have been doing is driving around the neighborhoods looking at the Christmas lights.  Hearing the "oohs, and ahhs, and that's so pretty, look on my side, look at this and that" have totally brought a huge smile to my face.  Listening to Christmas Music while we do this, brings my picture perfect, Hallmark movie dream come to life.  Only thing that is missing is the hot chocolate.  We have a week, right?!?!

Boys love looking for Ellie every morning.  I love how they get up to her and talk to her and ask her why she's in that spot.  Oh the magic.

We saw Santa at my work Christmas party and Austin and John David were so excited.  Santa even held John David and John was touching his nose, his beard and just had the biggest smile on his face.

We will be making reindeer food on Christmas Eve so that we can sprinkle it outside so Rudolph and the gang know where to stop.  Thank you, Pinterest for helping with some great ideas.

We have made candy canes and mittens out of paper and have used glitter, yes, I know glitter, am I crazy, No, just in the Christmas spirit.  And we even made superhero and cool Christmas ornaments.

Christmas cards have been mailed out.  I just love getting Christmas cards and I love sending ours out too.  I love showing our friends and family a little Artinghelli cheer.

New this year, we adopted a boy and bought a few presents for him through the boys school.  This is something I want to continue, giving to those who are less fortunate than we are!  It will teach the boys as well.

I love cheesy Hallmark/Lifetime Christmas movies, JUST LOVE THEM! And I love my husband who is putting up with a few of them.  One was pretty bad, and I was okay with stopping it, but Kevin kept it on for me.  That's love!  And thank you, Kevin, for not deleting the extra ones that I will watch without you.  Now, to get some tv time by myself ;-) hmmm.  It's okay to make some plans on a Saturday night with Vince if you want ;-)

Kevin and I still need to take the boys out so they can shop for each other.  I love this tradition!  The only problem with it, and we've seen this from birthday presents we have bought for friends, is they can't keep a secret, they are SO excited.  I'm sure the first thing they will do is run and tell each other.  I bought Grandma a present and it was on our counter and John David took it and was about to run upstairs and show her!  I had to hold him back! Silly boy.

I'd like to thank my boys for bringing the Christmas magic back.  I can't wait to see their faces light up as we prepare for the big guy to arrive next week and see what they got.








No comments:

Post a Comment