Monday, September 9, 2013

My first 5k!

Yay, I did it!  I ran my first 5k.  And yes, I ran the whole time, in 36.56 minutes, my fastest run.  I'm still feeling very accomplished and sore 2 days later. It wasn't easy, that's for sure, there were times when I wanted to walk, but it was a goal of mine to run the whole time, so I pushed through. I would think of my FIL, and how much he went through and how he didn't give up, how he pushed through and I knew that I could too, I needed too, I wanted too. At one point, I saw the numbers 333 and knew that my mom was with me to.  333 is my sign for my mom and when I see those numbers, I know she is with me.  I saw those glorious numbers around mile 2, which gave me the boost I needed. I reached 2.8 miles (according to my Nike tracker) and by that time, I was too close to stop and walk.  Too close.  Towards the end when I thought it would never end, I asked the lady who was in the street holding up traffic, how much longer, and she said a 5 min walk.  I could do it!  I knew I could and then I saw the finish line and all of the people cheering.  The chills it gave me was all I needed for final stretch.  So  I ran hard on the way in.  And I did it!  3.1 miles, baby!

And yes, if you're asking, if I'll do it again, I will.  A few people are already talking about the next race. ;-)

A big thank you to everyone who supported me, whether you donated, offered advice, cheered me on, watched my kids or said inspirational words.  It means the world to me. Here are some of the inspirational comments:
Great job Pam!!!!
Congrats, Pam!
Great job Pam!!! Thank you for honoring your FIL And my uncle!!
Good girl! Congratulations!
Wtg Pam!! Uncle John would be proud! xoxo
We are so proud of you Pam!
You look fantastic! You must be so proud of yourself. Congratulations on a job well done. Soooo happy for you.
Congratulations Pam! I'm so happy for you... Well done!
You did awesome Pam you should be proud... I am
Way to go Pam Dad and your Mom are so proud of you! As well as Morgan and I!! Great Job!!!
Good job Pam!
U GO GIRL !!!!!!!!
So proud of you!
Congrats! So proud of you!!!
Great job!
Good luck!
Good luck Pam!!! You're going to do great!!!!
Have a Blast!!!
Good luck!!
Good luck Pam!!! 🏃
Good luck!
Good luck!
Good luck Pam, I am sorry I couldn't be there to watch it but I look forward to hearing how you did! I am very proud of you. Also wanted to let you know you just hit your donation goal!
Good luck! You are going to do GREAT!!
Ditto to everyone else! How'd it go?
So very proud of you! }}i{{

No comments:

Post a Comment