Friday, July 26, 2013

Summer Fun!

 
We are really enjoying the warm weather, mostly from our pool!  The boys are fishes and are having a blast.  Austin is a swimming machine.  He puts his floaties on and off he goes, usually jumps right in.  He is perfecting his cannon balls.  John David is a tad more cautious, he likes to hang on the steps, but is the one with the super soaker, soaking all of us in the pool. If it's not a super soaker, he is throwing frisbees and balls at us.  He will ask to go for a swim around the pool, but is happiest on the stairs.

They are doing great at school, learning their letters and tracing them too!  So proud.  Yesterday, John David showed us at home how to write a J without the lines.  He is rockin it.

John David is hitting the balls too, without the tee.  You throw it to him, he swings and hits it.  Did I mention he is 3!  John David is comfortable with all of the balls.  We are just so impressed with his catching, throwing and hitting ability at 3!  He is hitting lefty too, but still throwing righty.

John David's new phrase, is "awwww man"  It is so cute when he says it.  Makes you laugh.

Austin is a climbing machine.  We went to Evergreen Park (The park that I grew with ) by Grandpa's house a couple of weeks ago.  My how things have changed.  The park is definitely not the same.  There is huge rock that Austin climbed to the top.  He had no problem reaching the top.  Put his hands up in the air and was just so excited.  However, getting down, was a bit of an issue.  We had to coach him through it.  He managed to get most of the way down before he jumped into my arms.

Austin is going through a stage where he only wants to wear this one yellow shirt every day.  It's a superhero shirt but seriously, it's every day.  Trying to talk some sense into him, but it's hard with a 4 year old!

I have started training for my first 5K.  This is a big deal for me because a year ago, I would have laughed at the thought of me running.  I'm not sure what is going on with me, but dare I say it, I actually enjoy running.  What?!?!  No seriously, I do.  Starting last October, I started walking on the treadmill in our living room.  One day, I thought, maybe I could run.  So I'd run for a minute, then walk a lot, then run for another minute, and I'd keep progressing as the days went by.  Then a coworker came up and talk about this lung run.  So, you can walk 1 mile or run a 5K or a 10K.  So since, I was already up to 10-15 minutes of running, I thought why not?  Fast forward to last week, I ran 3.21 miles on the treadmill, which is .11 miles more than I need to!  YES!  Go me!  I'm so proud of myself.  Although, my feet are really hurting.  So I need to look into some relief.  So back to the lung run. The mission of the Lung Run is to raise awareness of lung cancer and to raise much-needed funds for lung cancer research.  It's very near and dear to my heart and I will be running for my Father in Law, John Artinghelli. After everything he went through, this is something I can do do help so that others won't have endure the pain and suffering he did.  So think of me and wish me luck on September 7th as I run.  As I try to make a difference (http://lungrun.org/)

Did I tell you the good news?  Kevin no longer works weekends!  YES!  We have been so excited that he is home with us on the weekends.  It's been a blast, that's for sure.  Kevin is getting very excited for his annual trip to Vegas next month and shortly after that he is going to watch his favorite team play, Go Blue!  And we are talking about taking the boys up to see U of M end of September.  I think Kevin would be so excited to show his boys why he loves U of M. 

This weekend we both have special dates.  Kevin is taking John David out for one one one time and I am taking Austin out.  Sometimes, it's nice to be able to spend special time with each of the boys.  I think Austin and I are going to see Turbo and Kevin and John David are going to the park and out to eat.

Summer slow down, we are having way too much fun.  Until the next time.  Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment