We are in full potty training mode here at casa de Artinghelli. I think, fingers crossed, that we are dare I say it, day time pee pee (no poo poo) potty trained? I'm not sure what happened over the weekend but it finally clicked with Austin. I went from the nagging mom who put him on the potty every 20-30 minutes, , to just letting it go and letting him lead. Kevin and I were sitting on the couch, and next thing you know, Austin gets up, walks away, we hear him go to the bathroom and you hear him flush saying, "I went pee-pee!" Apparently, he's been doing this at school too! He is also money motivated! So I've been giving him nickels, dimes, and pennies. We will save the quarters for a number 2! He is so cute in his little underwear. We are going to have to make a trip to the store to get some new ones! Possibly Batman ones!
John David has been using the potty too! Now, he will usually go when I put him on the potty, but doesn't really tell me he has to go. A few times, he has, so we'll see. He gets so excited when he goes, he claps his hands and says "yay!"
It's funny, I have tried numerous times to unsuccessfully potty train Austin. He just wasn't ready, I guess. It was a fight before. Now, he knows when he needs to go and it just is so simple for him. I didn't think John David would potty train now since Austin was later, but one day, he just wanted to go after Austin went and he actually went! I'm so proud and amazed with my 2 boys!
John David has been singing the alphabet and it's so cute! I'm trying to catch a video of him, just so I can remember how cute he is!
Austin has this new word, maybe. So he will say, "maybe you do this" or "maybe we go see Grandma and Morgan will be with her" or "maybe we go to the library" It's cute, but I'm not sure where that came from. Again, looking at how I speak, do I say maybe a lot? I may say maybe but not in that context?
We have an appointment with the ENT for Austin next week. He does this thing where he blows in and makes this loud noise. It's almost a daily occurrence. I've been trying to teach him to blow his nose but he doesn't get it. But I think it may be more than that so it's time to get it checked out. Maybe allergies? I have so many that it wouldn't be odd if they did too. Actually, my gut tells me that they do have allergies.
We played our first game, hungry hungry hippos. It was so much fun seeing the boys get into it. They even asked to play yesterday, so I think they really liked it. We are definitely entering in a new chapter in our lives, no more babies, but little boys. It's very bittersweet for me. I love seeing them grow but it's hard to let go of them being my babies. We took the boys for haircuts last week and it was the first time John David sat in the chair by himself. I was by Austin, and John David just sat there and got his hair cut with daddy by his side. Such a big boy. But I must say, I left there a little teary eyed.
No comments:
Post a Comment