Friday, August 8, 2014

Austin and Kindergarten


Dear Austin,

Can you believe it, you are starting Kindergarten.  When did you become such a big boy?

I know you will do great.  You are so excited, as am I, for your new journey.  I will drop you off, give you the biggest smile and send you on your way.  I will be there waiting for you when you are dismissed with open arms and a big grin.  I will not cry...I will not cry...I will not cry.  In front of you.  Let's go out for ice cream afterwards, so I can hear all about your first day!

I'm trying to picture you in your back pack.  We are going out this weekend for your school supplies. You can pick out whichever back pack you want, even the character ones.  But if it falls apart after the first day of school, we will have to get a more durable plain looking one.  You already got your shoes, but we also talked about wearing something cute on the first day. 

Austin, I know you to be the sweetest kid out there, but you do have your wild moments. Please do your best to listen to your teacher, to keep your hands to yourself, to wear your glasses, to share and most importantly learn and have fun.

I really feel like just yesterday I was holding you in my arms for the very first time, rocking you in the glider during the wee hours of the night and being overjoyed in all of your firsts, rolling over, sitting up, crawling, walking.... and now another first is upon us. 

You are so smart, writing your name, knowing your letters and numbers, counting, now you will learn to read among so many other things.  Daddy is banking on a full ride to Michigan, so we need to get serious ;-)  just kidding, well not about going to Michigan.  That is one of daddy's hopes for you to attend his all time favorite school, hopefully it's a dream you both share.

Please be nice to the girls.  I know you like the girls and talk about how they don't like you.  It's probably because you are a boy, not because of anything you do.

My advice for you.
  • If you have to fart, try to do it quietly in the corner, or even better, in the bathroom.
  • Raise your hand
  • Wait to be called on
  • Share the crayons
  • Don't talk about poop
  • Be polite, say please and thank you
  • You like to talk loudly, maybe talk just a little bit quieter
  • Get to know the other kids in the class room
  • Have fun and learn

I love Austin, to the moon and back.  I'm excited for you as you start Kindergarten.  I know you will have a great time and learn so much.

Love,
Mommy




1 comment:

  1. Adorable - how did our babies get so big so soon?!!! :)

    ReplyDelete