It's April! I hope that means the cold weather is behind us. I was doing okay with this weather until recently, I'm so over it and am longing for nice weather.
Yesterday, I took the boys to the the park, yes the park for the first time in MONTHS! And it was wonderful!!!! Although I got a little teary eyed when a group of kids ran out of the school, after school program?, and started playing with Austin. He just ran up to them, and they all started playing. I was pushing John David on the swing, and when he was finished, he started playing with the big kids too. Yes, big kids, thinking 8 or 9, okay, maybe 7, not really sure, but definitely older than my kids. And they were playing nicely, running around, chasing each other, laughing and it made me realize Austin and John David truly are big kids. What happened to my babies? It seems like yesterday that they were toddling around and now they are having conversations with other kids, bigger kids. It's all so surreal!
In other events, I just finished my first 8K, the Shamrock Shuffle. It was okay, my official time was 102.33. I really wanted to finish it in 59.59, but it didn't happen. From the start, I knew it was going to be rough, my knee has been twinging when I have been running and sure enough it started right away, so I ended up walking and running. Kevin was there to cheer me on and see him while I ran past him was the best feeling in the world. Made me so happy that he was out there supporting me! Thanks baby! Well, I'm happy I finished it and next time, I'll aim to do better, but at least I finished.
It's almost time to register Austin for Kindergarten! In just 4 months, Austin will be in Kindergarten!, Wait, what?!?!? He's going to attend the elementary school nearby and bus back to daycare. He will have the best of both worlds. If we can, we are going to try and get him in the afternoon program, so he can have daycare's pre kindergarten program and then the school's kindergarten! I think Austin will love going on the bus.
We had John David's ENT appointment and 1 tube is almost out! However, the other tube is still right where the doc placed it. We go back end of June and if it's still in there, we will need to think about removing it. They are concerned now, but as the time grows, they become even more concerned. I hope that baby comes out on its own, because I don't want John David having surgery again. The tubes worked so well for John David, we went from constant ear infections to just 2 in 2 year!
Boys are excited for spring and for their birthday coming up. They know we are going to Disney, but I don't think they quite understand the timing. I can't wait to see their faces light up! We made a reservation to have breakfast with Mickey and the gang!
I know I say this every year, but I think the boys are going to be so much fun this summer! Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment